Saturday, September 27, 2008

Star Wars....

James has found the Star Wars books at the library! I've placed them on hold before, for Todd to read with the kids, but now James found them, and he devours them! We have to go the library quite frequently for him to get more! He gets 3 to read himself at least, and 1 to read to Glenn, and 1 for Todd to read to them both! Thankfully they have lots! It's a great little series, though, and my only complaint is that sometimes we'll find him reading QUITE LATE into the night, reading by the stairwell light! I wish he had an off button, but he takes after his Papa too much!
We have this great little Chemistry kit, and yesterday we learned about indicators, and had a great time changing a litmus solution from read to blue back to red, back to blue, back to red, back to blue.... etc, etc, etc! They LOVED it! We tested soap to see if it was acidic or alkali, and the only bar of soap that I had was a bar that I carved into a train a while ago when I was a den leader! Well, Alex, LOVED this, and carried around my little 'choo choo train' the whole rest of the day! That's the last picture, there.
And here's little Ellie in her swing. She loves to just hang out in there, and the boys love to help push the swing, or just make faces at her as they walk by.... what fun!
Hope all is well with everyone! My parents are coming out here in 1 week, and we are so excited! The kids are about ready to jump out of their skin! They're driving out, though, so we can't go up to the Airport for a Jamba Juice :-( I guess we'll just have to make an excuse when my parents come!

Take care!

No comments: