Tuesday, September 2, 2008

A Hodge Podge of things....

Here's a bunch of pictures that I wish I could change the order of, so they made sense, but I can't! Or at least I don't know how... so I'll do my best. And if anyone has any tips on how to change things around... ahhh... I wouldn't mind learning. Our ward is teaching a blogging class, and I hope that I can go to learn more about this stuff! It's lots of fun keeping tabs on things, and sending out pictures, but I do hope I can learn to do a better job! Anyway... as for picture number 1...

Above, is Alex waiving around a orange glow stick. We had our ward campout this weekend, and the kids had a BLAST with the glow sticks. My friend's husband got in the fun, and was making shapes, silly faces, and flowers, etc with all the kids. They LOVED it. And Alex just loved waving around the glow sticks! In order to see the sticks, I had to increase the exposure on the camera and take the flash off. And I thought Alex's glow stick made a cool effect.

I can't figure out why this picture came out sideways, but it did. It's right side up wherever else I look... go figure... James lost his other top tooth at the campout! How memorable! Well, a friend of mine heard of a storm between here and Hawaii that may have prevented the tooth fairy from coming to the campout. Well, the tooth fairy didn't make it that night, but thankfully she found us the next night at home, and all was well! It sure if funny to see our boy with a toothless grin! But I'd probably take the toothless grin over his hillbilly look when his teeth were insanely loose... quite hilarious!
Here are the boys happy as can be by a rope swing. They had a great time, and we were the last ones gone from the campsite, because they were so happy just swinging away. Even little Alex held on tight with a HUGE smile on his face!

Here's a picture of some of our neighborhood kids. One of James' friends brought over these alien and monster dress-up clothes (his friend is the rhino between James and Glenn), and the boys started scheming. They were going to dress up, and then scare the girls. The two girls they were trying to scare are in this picture, although you can only see one. Well, when the girls came inside to see where the boys were, I asked them if the boys were playing nicely with them. They said, "yes. The boys are trying to scare us, but we like it. It's fun." Ok, then. I was worried the boys weren't including the girls in their play... but I guess the girls liked it. Kids sure are funny, aren't they!


This is a picture of James, Sofia, Rachel, and their father Jim with the glow stick faces! James is in the middle.

Here's another picture of James with all the glow sticks. He jumped out in front of a group of girls and scared them.... he LOVED it! Notice his Dracula teeth with his missing front teeth!


Well, I guess that's about all for now. We started school today, and the kids were SOOOO excited! It's been a low key day full of lots of games about things we're going to be studying this year. Let the fun begin! Enjoy!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Those are cool pictures! Hey check out our recent camping pics.