Monday, September 22, 2008

Pictures

Looks like the pictures are in the center.... I was hoping they would be off to the right! Oh well.... Here are a few pictures of what I am calling "The Race of Irony." I love the picture here of Todd. It shows how dusty it was during the Pain on the Peak race! This picture of me, unfortunately doesn't show the skis that I wore, but just imagine these size 12 shoes on women's size 8 feet! And this picture will also give you an idea of what cross is like. You ride your bike mostly, but get off and pick up your bike to run over barriers, or as in this case, up a really huge hill! It actually is fun, though!
This last weekend we went to Hood River, and James got to ride in the kids race. It was fantastic. They actually went over two barriers, and James did a great job picking up his bike over them, from what I'm told. I unfortunately was trying to frantically look at the course before it was my turn! These races do such a good job with the kids race, though. And they gave him a waterbottle with a bunch of bike stickers and a ribbon inside. James was glowing from ear to ear! All the kids win, so it really is fantastic!
This picture is of the kids sucking their fingers! With Alex's bad habit of sucking his 2 fingers, I almost flipped out when I saw Ellie sucking on her middle 2 fingers! They were extracted right away. She has refused the pacifier, but hopefully we can prevent the finger sucking... we'll see!
This is Glenn, happy as can be! What a joy he adds to our family!
I can' think of any funny stories off the top of my head... oh, Todd did get his picture taken during my race, and after his race, and I hope we can get a copy of it. This guy was taking pictures for some new website, and took about 10 pictures of Todd... imagine this... James riding his bike around Todd, Glenn running circles around Todd, Alex holding onto Todd's top tube of his bike, Todd holding with one hand on his bike, the other carrying Ellie (who is crying, of course), and Todd's wrist is dripping blood. Classic picture, and the guy wanted to title it "dedication"

Anyway, we're all having a great time, and are really enjoying our time together as a family to and from these races! Reading lots of books and just talking... it's been great!

Well, that's all for now!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

She's sucking her fingers already? I guess some have been known to do it in the womb...Heehee that's a cute picture!!

D.B. said...

Great pics, I want to see Dedication!

Whats the race you guys have done as a team thats like hood to coast or something?

Chris & Stephanie said...

Great pics!

I, too, want to see the "Dedication" picture!

If the photographer REALLY knew, he would title it something like, "What REAL Men Do!" ;o)