Thursday, June 26, 2008

Repeat... repeat... repeat...

Good-bye baseball. James has had his official last game, and I thought I'd include the highlights! You know, Todd and I have never been a fan of watching baseball, Todd especially. But James insisted on playing baseball, partly because he LOVED watching his cousin Beau play back in MN last year. So, off we were to our first coach-pitch season. You know, Todd, Glenn, Alex, and I never knew how much fun it could be to watch baseball! Watching these little kids grow from never hitting the ball the first game, to hitting it within the first 3 pitches the last game, was adorable! James definitely went from a wimpy batting stance to a full-bore 'attack the ball' stance by the end of the season. He improved so much in batting!

And the team we were on were full of families with young kids. So when game time came, all the families pulled out their bubble guns, bubble wands, and ran around constantly! Of course, the bubbles would go onto the field, and our team was used to the bubbles.
But the other teams would get distracted, and their fielders, or runners, would try to run around and catch the bubbles. It became our teams plan to distract the other team, so we could win :-) They don't keep score, so it really was a joke! But there really was nothing better than sitting back and enjoying a great baseball game! So cute! And it never failed... rain or sleet, or sun, whenever the game was over, there was little Glenn with the baseball helmet on, running the bases! He loved it! And 9 times out of 10 he was in his cowboy boots, too! Little Alex grew up during the season as well. Went for being a tyrant in the beginning, and it was a nightmare to keep him near us! But by the end, I guess he'd been trained enough, that he could run around freely, because we knew he'd come when called... most of the time :-)

So, I am now the nursery leader in our ward... what a stark contrast from Enrichment counselor! But I am LOVING it! Last week, the stars were aligned, and these little 18 month-olds to 2 1/2-year olds, were little angels! They played so well, and they actually stayed on their little carpet squares, and had 5 minutes of singing time, 5 minutes of lesson time talking about feelings, and how HF wants us to be HAPPY, and how if we're upset, we need to use our words! Thought I'd throw that in there, even if they were all looking at me, like "What are you talking about lady?" I even was teaching them to play Duck Duck Goose. And they ALL SAT and LISTENED! It was fantastic.


Well, Alex is into repeating everything! I had Taylor and Alex on my lap, and were reading books to them. We were reading an animal book, and I would take turns asking them questions... what animal is this? What does this animal say? And so forth. Well, I had asked Alex what a sheep says, and he said Baaaa.... then I leaned to Taylor's ear, and said, can you say "sheep, Taylor?" Well, Alex was perfectly happy to answer me, and kept saying "Sheep Taylor, Sheep Taylor" He was so proud that he could say it, like I asked. It was cute.


After the Zoo the other day, Joleane and I stopped by the temple. The flowers were gorgeous! And Glenn was doing his typical self! He loves to be as close to his family as he can, to the point of annoyance! At night, he needs to be RIGHT next to you while you read. And in the case of Todd, he has to lay on top of Todd while he's reading! He's not a little boy! So, there are times, when you just need to say, Glenn, I need you off! Church can be like this too... competing for lap space! Well, James is reading like a madman lately, and has discovered boxcar children books, which he loves! So, he has been reading us to sleep. Well, Glenn apparently doesn't have a fetish for Todd or I, it's just to whoever is reading! Poor James is trying to read, and Glenn practically smothers him to get as close as he can to cuddle with him! So, I thought the pictures of Glenn hanging off of James' side at the temple was a perfect picture!
And my little Alex tries so hard to keep up with his brothers! What a cutie he has become! The other day I was talking to MawMaw on the phone, and Todd was in on the computer. The older boys were out front, and Alex is only allowed to be in the back year if we're not around. So, we hear Alex yelling for help, and so Todd had gone out there and said, Sarah, you've gotta see this! So, this is what we found. Little Alex trying to climb over the fence to be with his brothers! My other boys have climbed up on these to talk to the neighbor kids, so I'm sure Alex got the idea from them... but I wouldn't put it past him that he came up with this on his own as well :-)
Well, that's about all for now. I'm still trying to catch up on past events, so that's why we have such a hodgepodge of pictures! Hopefully I'll be back to the present soon! Take care everyone!


1 comment:

Cami said...

We've just started a summer of baseball. I love watching how much the improve. We get to be at the park every day until Aug 8. I love to see how much your family is growing.