Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Happy Birthday Alex!

Happy Birthday Alex! I thought this was the funniest sequence of pictures, so for now, this is my tribute to my dearest 2 year old! I love you Alex!
Thoughts and pictures from a 2-year old perspective:
Wow, it's my birthday! Look at this cool airplane cake that my mom made for me!
It looks so tasty, I think I'm going to take a lick. It's my birthday... I'm 2... I can do what I want!
Mmmmmmmm. That was so tasty! Chocolate! Yummmm!
James suddenly noticed what was happening, and hurried to take my finger out of my mouth! Can you believe the nerve??!!! I let him have it!
James felt so bad, that he gave me another taste.... boy, I've got them wrapped around my finger already, and I'm only 2!
Alex's birthday from a mom's perspective:
Well, the day before, I ran our tandem bike that was on the top of our car into the library parking garage. It was not pretty! Because of a very loving husband, I was able to let go of my sick feeling! And Friday, even though I knew I would have to go to get the car estimated, I was bound and determined to not let my accident ruin Alex's birthday! So, I didn't! We took off and did all of Alex's favorites. We went to McDonalds to play on the play structure for 1.5 hours, then went to the water fountains and played there for over an hour... then went to the downtown toy store, and played there for an hour... then went to this man's house to see a 40,000 gallon shark tank! It was an AWESOME day, and we all had such a great time! And even though we still had to bake the cake when we got home, we all persevered, and stay up late just enjoying our time together as a family. The cake was a hit, and Alex went to bed a VERY happy child with trains and cars in each hand. It was fantastic. Happy birthday Alex! And thanks for making us stop to truly smell the flowers for an entire day!

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Cute blog! Your kids are so beautiful! I am so impressed with all that you do with 4 little kids.

Chris & Stephanie said...

Yea! Happy Birthday Alex!! LOVE the new header picture!!