Monday, June 2, 2008

James has turned 7....

I was browsing others blogs, and found a really neat video clip that Anna Fowler (Bro. and Sis. Rampton's daughter) put together for her son. I found it so touching, that I went to work the next day and created one for James. So, I hope you enjoy it!

I was scared to death to have James. We were not expecting to have kids yet, and I didn't think I was ready! So, with many tears, Todd held my hand through it all, and we started our adventure as parents. From the moment I finally laid eyes on him (30 hours of labor!), I instantly fell in love. He changed my life in more ways than I thought possible. He taught me about true love for a mother and a son. I had no idea! He taught me about heartache when they hurt, and you just wish you could make it all better. He taught me what a real belly laugh sounds like! And he taught me about patience, charity, service, and has truly helped me to stop and enjoy the flowers.

James is my charismatic, full-of-life child that is not afraid of anything! He's the first to ask a question... which as parents we always worry what is going to come out of his mouth when he raises his hand! He never complained when I was constantly making treats/dinners for other people in Relief Society, and there was none left over. He's so patient with me, and with his brothers. He's the one who keeps me in check, and tells me when I need a little time out, or when we need to stop to say a prayer to calm everyone down. He's my little adventurer who loves to dive, walk on roofs when it's raining (he's promised NEVER to do that again), play baseball, and do karate, yet so gentle to hold Ellie, snuggle with Glenn, and constantly tell his family that all he wants to do is be with them. I can't imagine life without James. He has made me such a better person, I think because he was the one who made me a mother.

Now, 4 kids later, I still have so much to learn. And James teaches me new things every day. But knowing that I have him by my side to hold my hand (at least for now), I know we can conquer anything. Thanks James, for all that you've taught me, and I look forward to many more years to learn from your wonderful spirit! I love you with all of my heart! And HAPPY BIRTHDAY!


5 comments:

The Busy Beez said...

I guess we both had the same spirit this morning! Time to get caught up on the goings in in life. Loved the movie montage. It was beautiful. I was very emotional about my oldest yesterday as I listened to Janis Phelan. She's not my "favorite" but there is a special place in my heart for the first. They really do get the priviledge and the blessings of turning us into mothers.

Unknown said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JAMES! Good job on the montage, Sarah. Love it.

Chris & Stephanie said...

Wow Sarah, what a beautiful memory video! I couldn't hold back the tears! Can it really be that our little guys were just 2 years old when we started on this journey of sisterhood and friendship? I still think of them him as that little boy! We sure love all you guys!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAMES! Christopher is a better friend because of YOU!

emily a. said...

That was beautiful, Sarah. What a lucky boy he is to have you as his mom!

Kate the Great said...

What a beautiful video Sarah!

What is that song?