Friday, May 24, 2013

Flowers

I've been teaching a high school biology class about plants.  This week, I brought a variety of flowers for the kids to identify plant parts, and then dissect different parts and analyze under a microscope.  I fell in love with flowers again.  They truly are so unique and beautiful, especially this time of year.
 Each plant brings a different smell, color, or shape that makes a bouquet special.
 Even the goofy flowers, like my goofy Alex, make the bouquet special
 Tiger Lilly's are gorgeous for it's pronounced features, and amazing auroma!  I could smell those all day!
 I love these flowers that come from a bush in my back yard.  They make beautiful clusters, and mixed with the deep rich leaves, makes it so visually appealing.
The Yellow Poppy's are illegal to pick in CA!  I had no idea.  They are beautiful flowers, and always remind me of the Wizard of Oz
 Daisies are amazing, because they are composite flowers, and the petals are actually ray flowers.  And the yellow disc is actually a cluster of flowers!
 The bearded-iris is beautiful, and has a unique beard that attracts all sorts of insects.
 The rose is always a rose.  So beautiful.  And I think of Grandma Brown.
 These flowers come as a bunch of tiny flowers clustered together on a branch.  They don't smell, but they are spectacular as a bush, covered in thousands of these!
Fuchsia's are just unique the way they hang down, and such a vibrant color.  Gorgeous.

Each of us is a flower in a grand bouquet of flowers.  Some of us take a while to bloom :-)  But we all have something beautiful about us!

No comments: