Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Miscellaneous Week

This is Ellie up-side down... Glenn says she's a wheelbarrow, and James told me she was a Jedi in training (there's a part in Star Wars where Luke is balancing on his hands, moving objects)... she was laughing and giggling the entire time! James was quite gentle with her, so don't worry! :-)




And next, is Ellie right-side up! She is growing up so fast! She now crawls everywhere she is capable, and with faster speed every day! No more inchworm crawl for her... it's on all four from now on! And she loves to pull herself up to the train table and play with whatever is on the table!

Is this not the cutest little jean dress? Emily gave this to us, and I LOVE it! The thing I love most about blogging, is the distance gap that is closed. Emily lives over on the East coast, but I feel I'm a part of her life by reading her blog. And I know she is a fantastic little mom! I wish she lived closer, though, as I'm sure her parents do too :-)


Todd's parents sent us a video of their family vacation back in '85 was it? Many of their stops were our stops on our trip out this past summer, so it was great to see the sights again, and the kids LOVED seeing their Papa at these sights when he was only 10 years old. And they LOVED the picture of Papa with a buffalo hat on! Todd instantly asked his mom if she still had that had... guess what... she did! So, here is Alex in full glory with the same Buffalo Hat that Papa wore when he was 10. And if you know Alex... he is our hat fanatic! And wears this hat around everywhere!


We've been working hard in school to finish our final project to wrap up Ancient Egypt with the Old, Middle, and New Kingdom, and everything in between! It took quite a while, but wow, did they have fabulous ideas! So, this is our final timeline complete with flip pages, sliders, pyramids, heiroglyphs, Valley of the Kings, info on the Nile, the Hyksos, the different Pharaohs... and finally, their personal seals that they made for their name.



This is a picture of me trying to melt beeswax. I ignorantly thought that I could just add food coloring to the wax to color it... well, you can't. Food coloring and wax mix like oil and water! So, the seals ended up being tan! It was a hilarious process that we had to do a couple of times to refine, and it wasn't more than 2 days later that my mother-in-law sent us a 'sealing kit'. And let me tell you, it looked by FAR easier that the process that we went through! And, hers was already colored :-) Oh well. We had fun trying!
That's it for us! We enjoyed a beautifully sunny day yesterday... not a cloud in the sky! But the rain has come back today! But I can't tell my in-laws... they're supposed to think it never rains here :-) We miss you all!



5 comments:

Unknown said...

Ellie is so cute! Love that picture of her in the jean dress.

D.B. said...

Ellie is so cute. It is fun to see her. Just wanted to mention that we loved James Christmas letter. I thought that the title was especially creative.

Anonymous said...

How can Ellie be so big already? Have we been gone that long? You always do a great job with your kids.

Unknown said...

I was just curious...where did you get the beeswax? Co-op?

emily a. said...

I feel so honored to have been mentioned on your blog! Ellie looks adorable in the dress and her Robeez go perfectly! I wish I lived closer too but have loved getting to know you better over our blogs. I know you are an amazing mom.