Friday, April 18, 2008

This has become a nightly ritual... dressing up as mushers. Even Alex loves to play with his dog, while everyone else plays with their. If you look at James' dog, you can see a blanket that James' knit. While Grandma D was here, she knitted away, and when Grandma Brown visited afterwards, James went on a knitting frenzy! He did a fantastic job too! So, now his sled dog has a coat.

We received a letter from one of the mushers that James wrote a letter to, so that was exciting. We followed him throughout the Iditarod, and it was fun to receive a letter from him. So, that sparked the love of mushing again. James' chair is his seat on the sled, and the sleeping bag and pillow were part of his sled. Inside the sleeping bag was a bowl for the dogs food, and the pillow was the large bag of dog food. The boys sure do have fun imagining. The picture of Glenn is when he put his dog in his sled becuase he was tired!

Well, I had my doctors appointment today. Nothing new. The baby is head down, but turned the wrong way. I told the doctor not to worry, because this baby moves so much, that I'm sure he'll flip the right way soon enough! And then he'll probably flip back again... oh what fun! I'm measuring right on schedule, and other than the swelling that makes me feel like a beached whale, we're doing alright! I'm getting anxious, though! Only 3 weeks 6 days to go! Yippee!
Take care!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That is awesome, Sarah.
By the way, do you have any pictures of you doing this back in Minnesota?

Chris & Stephanie said...

What fun! I love the pics! That is so cool (no pun intended) that your rider wrote to James! What a great way to make it all "come to life!"

C & C said...

Hi Sara! I found your blog through stephanie's. Congratulations on your 4th! I had no idea you were prego! It was fun to catch up on what you guys are doing! Your family is so cute!

Courtney Mooney