Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Well, today's the day that we pick up Grandma D! The boys are VERY excited. I just wanted to share a couple of stories before we head out...

First off, I wanted to thank those who have made comments on the website. I worried that people would stop looking at it, and it would only be for my own benefit, but hearing quick replies keep me motivated to keep going!

Next, Glenn was cuddling with me the other morning, and was asking why Grandma D sent a package to us. (She sent a package about a week ago, and the kids hold it every day, waiting for Grandma D to open it with them!). I told him that the package was really heavy, and she didn't want to have to pack the package in her suitcase! Glenn said, "Well, what she should have done was tie a rope around the package, and then drag it behind her..."

We were eating sushi last night, and most everything was made with imitation crab. Well, as you know, James and Papa have been reading the Harry Potter series... and James was talking to Glenn, and pointed to 2 different types of sushi, and told Glenn, "Hey, Glenn. That one's Crab, and that other one's Goyle." Then Glenn chipped in, and told James later, "And this other kind is Malfoy." It was cute. And Todd and I enjoyed being the innocent bystanders.

The kids and I were driving home, and James said that one time he remembers that the kids and Papa, and Grandma and Grandpa D were driving in the Subaru. And Papa was driving, Grandpa D was sitting in the passenger seat, and Grandma D was sitting in the middle in the front... (the Subaru is a stick shift!) I said, "Oh Really?" And he stopped, and thought for a second, and then said, "Or, maybe that was just a dream?" Yep, James, I'm sure it was. I can't imagine Grandma D ever agreeing to sit in the front middle of our Subaru! It was funny.

Well, that's about it for today. I hope you all have a wonderful week! I'm bummed that the rain came back just in time for Grandma D to come.... but oh well! We'll make the best of it!

Take care!

2 comments:

The Busy Beez said...

Hey, I think your blog is great.

I know exactly how you feel about comments. I live for the two or three standard replies I get from my family. It is so silly, but I am just like a kid waiting for mail with my name on it.

the Karate movie was really cute.

The Boys Club plus a girl! said...

So, do I know busybeez? I'm curious who it is? I don't recognize the handwriting (ha-ha).