Friday, February 1, 2008

Friday, February 1st, 2008

Wow. Could it really already be February? Amazing! Time sure does fly by.

Today is a swimming day, but poor James woke up with a tummy ache and within a half hour, he had thrown up. I had this Tuesday PM, and was really hoping it was just something that I ate. But now that James is sick, we're just waiting for the others! I went to Safeway this morning, and bought a bunch of pop (my kids know that this is only for when they are sick!) and we are ready for the long haul! I wasn't sick for too long, so hopefully it will be shorter lived for others. Right now James is in seventh heaven, other than the occassional throwing up... he's upstairs in our bed, watching the 1st Harry Potter, and sipping on pop. It was quite pathetic this morning as he's tossing and turning, and saying "I really don't like feeling sick." But once he got to watch Harry Potter, he was happy.

Todd and James are ferociously reading the Harry Potter series... they started reading it together about 4 1/2 weeks ago, and they are already about 1/3 of the way through book 5. And if you've read the series, you know they aren't small! They read about 100 pages a night, as long as Papa's home! Last night they read till 11:20PM!

Glenn and I get together ourselves and read Stuart Little, Ralph and the Motorcycle, and those fun, cute classics. Other than that, Glenn is our builder and singer. Loves to build what he can... currently I have train tracks running ALL over the living room floor! And he loves to sing. As he's pushing his trains around, he's humming Christmas songs! He sure is growing up fast!

Alex loves shoes right now! My goodness! He's even in his PJ's as I speak, and still rummaging through all the shoes to find any that he thinks will fit him. Yesterday he brought me his snowboots, and then continued to try to put my shoes on also! He's also a little social butterfly... takes after James... and tries to carry on a conversation with anyone he finds!

Well, we're going to try a blog for a little while. It's so much fun looking at my friend's sites, that I think we'll try our own. It may be short lived, but we'll see! I hope you all enjoy, and am hoping I'll be better at posting pictures than I am at sending them to family!

4 comments:

Chris & Stephanie said...

So you've come to the dark side of blogging...heehee! So glad you're doing it! Love the layout! Keep going, no pressure, just whenever you feel like journaling, hop on!

Unknown said...

Love the blog! We have one...but I haven't been so great about keeping up on it. I just post pictures. ha.

The Boys Club plus a girl! said...

Hey, I just noticed that some people left comments! Wish I could figure out how that works. I may have to ask you a few questions Stephanie! Anyway, thanks for taking a look people!

Anonymous said...

Works good Pooh - keep it up. Will try and add to mine during the next few days. A friend has good px on her camera and will try and downlaod them from her card. Very quiet day - considering what it was.
DAD