Sunday, December 14, 2008

Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree

Oh happy girl!

Oh happy boys!
And happy trains!!

I was complaining to Todd that I still, in all the years that I have been married, not found a star that I have liked for the top of our tree. I have seen other people's stars, but by the time I find the one I like, the store where they purchased it is totally out of stars. So, yet again, we were starless at Christmas. Todd disappeared out into the garage, and came out with this tiny chain ring... my eyes lit up... do you have anything bigger?? He left... came back again... cool! "Give it to me..." I looked at it... maybe we could put string in the holes... there happened to be 5... and make a star... Todd disappears again... and low and behold comes back with this beauty! I love it!!!! It's simple, and I'm keeping it forever!

Here's Alex showing Papa the in's and out's of trains in snow :-)

The tree was a resounding hit this year! Everyone was TOTALLY into it... I sat back and fed Ellie... it was bliss! The kids took out all the ornaments, and although putting them away won't be as easy, since obviously the taking the ornaments out was not done nearly as neatly as Mama would have done it. But I was happy to let them have control. So, even though it may take more effort on my part taking down... it was worth it watching them in pure delight! Todd had the step ladder out for them, and they proudly hung all the ornaments up, via the step ladder.

So, this picture is basically ALL the ornaments. Everyone wanted to hang via the step ladder, hence ALL the ornaments got hung at step ladder level. A few above, a few below, but 90% right smack dab in the middle of the tree. Did I lift a finger?? Naaahhh.....

This is Todd and 2 of his boys in the morning... all cuddly and warm. Todd was in 7th heaven, and so were the boys!


And here is the final product! This is why they were up till 11PM! This is the bottom half of the Christmas tree... notice the lack of ornaments! But do notice the elaborate train tracks going all the way around the tree with a few branches of the side. And don't forget the batting they found to be snow! It took a lot of patience! I told them that when people come over, it'll get messed up... trying to convince them not to use quite so much snow.... James said, "Oh, that's ok... it'll be fun putting it back together!" Ok, well then, like I said before, should I lift a finger, Naaaa. Christmas trees are so magical! And I'm glad my boys are enjoying it as much as Todd and I do! Glenn even gave a talk today, and he only wanted to talk about our Christmas tree! So, we related the Evergreen tree to our Savior loving us forever and ever (even in winter, as Glenn says), the Christmas lights to the light of the Savior within each of us, and the star to represent Baby Jesus. How wonderful to see Christmas through the eyes of a child! I am so grateful for the opportunity that I have to do so!

Merry Christmas everyone! May we all remember the true meaning of this wonderful holiday!






3 comments:

Becky said...

I love it perfect star, perfect tree, and perfect family memory!

D.B. said...

Lov'n the star, Nice work!

The Busy Beez said...

I couldn't think of a better star for you guys! It certainly is nice letting go, and letting the kids really enjoy their tree. That's as good as it gets.