Thursday, October 2, 2008

Star Wars, Apple Pie Filling, and Maps!

Star wars still has not died! The three boys are all under their cloaks ( see Alex in the back with his light saber?) being Luke Skywalker! And by the way Grandma D, the boys were coloring pictures for you guys, and James told Glenn that he should color a picture of Chewy for you, because you like Chewy! Thought that was funny. No flowers for Grandma D anymore :-)
I was asked to teach a class on apple pie filling.. really I don't know anything special! I think they just needed a warm-blooded body to teach... I forget how much fun the boys have with helping with the apples. They LOVED peeling... and I couldn't even keep up with them! They were peeling way faster than I could core and cut, even with my easy push-down thingy! And they LOVED the peels! They ate about half the peels!
Above is James eating the peels WHILE peeling... there's talent! Yum, yum!
Here are the boys marking on the US map where the Grandma and Grandpa's are driving. Grandma/pa D are a green line with red dots of where they stayed... travelling to Orrs Island, ME and Grandma/pa Brown are a red line with green dots of where they are staying... travelling to OR! Isn't Ellie cute in the picture below?
And thanks for the math lessons, James had to add your total mileage between stops to figure out how far they have travelled so far in total. Grandma/pa D we had going 1246 miles, and Grandma/pa Brown will be coming 1715. Of course this includes no pit stops! Sorry guys, you've gotta travel without stopping :-)

2 funny things... while marking where Grandma/pa D were staying at Orrs Island, I was trying to find where in Maine this actually was, and was comparing Mapquest to our map at home... and I noticed on mapquest that they went through Freeport... so looked on our map, and they didn't have Freeport! How could they not have Freeport... everyone knows that place! So, I said, "Do they have Freeport on there? They don't have Freeport? That's Insane!!" Well, Glenn was trying to follow their trip, so he said, "Do they have Sane on our map, Mama?" It was cute.

Then the other funny thing Glenn noticed, was that Grandma/pa Brown were staying in Glendive. He was putting this word into he brain, and said, "Hey, that's Glenn Dye V" Quite clever.

Anyway, that's about all for us. Stephanie, I went through baby clothes today, so have lots for you! :-) Take care everyone!

3 comments:

Kate the Great said...

How did the Apple pie class go? I have no idea how the day pasted me by, but I got an email from Averil asking if any of us had gone to it, and how it turned out. I was like, "What? When did that happen?" So, sorry I missed it, and I hope it turned out well.

Chris & Stephanie said...

Great update!

Thank you for the clothes...they're still sitting in the boxes...by the front door...procrastinate, procrastinate.

Give your parents big hugs from me!

emily a. said...

Your kids are so cute. Sage is getting better and having less colic episodes, which is a blessing. We're starting to see happier hours. Have a great week!